16. 여호와께서 엘리야를 통하여 하신 말씀 같이 통의 가루가 떨어지지 아니하고 병의 기름이 없어지지 아니하니라
8. Then the word of the LORD came to him:
9. "Go at once to Zarephath of Sidon and stay there. I have commanded a widowin that place to supply you with food."
10. So he went to Zarephath. When he came to the town gate, awidowwas there gathering sticks. He called to her and asked, "Would you bring me a littlewaterin a jar so I may have a drink?"
11. As she was going to get it, he called, "And bring me, please, a piece of bread."
12. "As surely as the LORD your God lives," she replied, "I don't have any bread--only a handful of flour in a jar and a little oil in a jug. I am gathering a few sticks to take home and make a meal for myself and my son, that we may eat it--and die."
13. Elijah said to her, "Don't be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small cake of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son.
14. For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until thedaythe LORD givesrainon the land.' "
15. She went away and did as Elijah had told her. So there was food every day for Elijah and for the woman and her family.
16. For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah.