3. 믿음으로 모든 세계가 하나님의 말씀으로 지어진 줄을 우리가 아나니 보이는 것은 나타난 것으로 말미암아 된 것이 아니니라
4. 믿음으로 아벨은 가인보다 더 나은 제사를 하나님께 드림으로 의로운 자라 하시는 증거를 얻었으니 하나님이 그 예물에 대하여 증거하심이라 저가 죽었으나 그 믿음으로써 오히려 말하느니라
5. 믿음으로 에녹은 죽음을 보지 않고 옮기웠으니 하나님이 저를 옮기심으로 다시 보이지 아니하니라 저는 옮기우기 전에 하나님을 기쁘시게 하는 자라 하는 증거를 받았느니라
6. 믿음이 없이는 기쁘시게 못하나니 하나님께 나아가는 자는 반드시 그가 계신 것과 또한 그가 자기를 찾는 자들에게 상 주시는 이심을 믿어야 할지니라
1. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
2. This is what the ancients were commended for.
3. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
4. By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead.
5. By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.
6. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.